Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Jackson County

Jackson County is located in the southwestern part of the state. It includes 2,801 square miles (1,792,640 acres) extending south to California, west to Josephine County, north to Douglas County, and east to Klamath County. Jackson County is at the confluence of the Cascade and Siskiyou Mountains providing a tremendous diversity of landscapes and wildlife habitat. The county's principle industries are lumber, agriculture, manufacturing, recreation, and tourism. Jackson County has approximately 5,500 acres of pears helping to rank it 3rd in the state for fruit, tree nut, and berry production. The NRCS office, located in Central Point, provides voluntary conservation technical and financial assistance to private land owners/operators interested in natural resource conservation improvements.

Current Financial Assistance Opportunities for Farmers, Ranchers and Forest Owners in Jackson County

The following Conservation Implementation Strategies are available to help Jackson County agricultural producers address targeted resource concerns identified in the Long Range Plan. Click the project names below for more information:

Additional Funding Opportunities...

In addition to the local projects above, producers may also apply for statewide programs such as the Conservation Stewardship Program, the Organic Initiative, Seasonal High Tunnel Initiative, On-Farm Energy Initiative, and conservation easement programs. Visit with your local District Conservationist for more information on these and other programs, or visit the NRCS Programs webpage.

Local Work Group Meetings

Every year, NRCS hosts a Local Work Group meeting where farmers, landowners, conservation partners and other members of the community discuss the natural resource needs for the county. Based on feedback from those meetings, NRCS updates the county's Long Range Plan and develops new Conservation Implementation Strategies to address those resource concerns. You may contact us anytime to express concerns or comments about conservation needs in the county, and we encourage you to attend the next Local Work Group meeting in your county. For more information about Local Work Group meetings, contact your local NRCS office.

Find Your Local Service Center

USDA Service Centers are locations where you can connect with Farm Service Agency, Natural Resources Conservation Service, or Rural Development employees for your business needs. Enter your state and county below to find your local service center and agency offices. If this locator does not work in your browser, please visit