Windows Pesticide Screening Tool (WIN-PST)
NRCS field office conservationists, extension agents, crop consultants, pesticide dealers and producers can use it to evaluate the potential of pesticides to move with water and eroded soil/organic matter and affect non-targeted organisms. WIN-PST users can specify pesticides by product name or active ingredient. Long-term human and fish toxicity data and ratings are also included in WIN-PST. These toxicity ratings can be combined with the off-site movement potential ratings to provide an overall rating of the potential risks from pesticide movement below the root zone and past the edge of the field.
Installation is fairly simple.
Just download the WIN-PSTinstallationfiles.zip and extract to your local drive.
After extraction, install each file in this order:
- Install the base WIN-PST version: WinPST3113.exe
- Install the WinPST312patch.exe
- Install the UpdateWIN-PST3.1.30.msp
Pesticide Data Update (Released 9-30-22)
A data update is available for WIN-PST 3.1 pesticide data. The update includes:
- All active ingredients from past updates.
- 13 New active ingredients added.
- Updates to select human toxicity thresholds.
- Synchronization with EPA Pesticide Product Registration Database as of 9-30-22.
Download: WIN-PST 3.1 Pesticide Update 9-30-22
Note: This update requires WIN-PST version 3.1.3.