The NRCS office, located in Hysham, offers voluntary technical and financial assistance to private landowners interested in natural resource conservation based on a focused approach using long range planning with local input.
Current Financial Assistance Opportunities for Treasure County Landowners
- End of the Box Elder Targeted Implementation Plan (TIP)
- Rooting for Soil Health Targeted Implementation Plan (TIP)
- Lower Bighorn Wildfire Risk Reduction Targeted Implementation Plan (TIP)
- Yellowstone Irrigation District Lateral Organic Matter Improvement TIP
- Northern Great Plains Grassland Conservation RCPP Project
In addition to these local projects, producers may also apply for statewide programs such as the Conservation Stewardship Program, national Environmental Quality Incentives Program initiatives, and conservation easement programs. Visit or call your local USDA Service Center, for more information on these and other programs, or see State Programs and Initiatives on the NRCS Montana webpage.