Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

No till on corn field in Delaware

Environmental Quality Incentives Program - Delaware


The Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) is NRCS’ flagship conservation program that helps farmers, ranchers and forest landowners integrate conservation into working lands.

Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) 2023 


Farmers can apply now for technical and financial assistance through the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP)

The first EQIP application cutoff date for Fiscal Year 2023 is November 18, 2022. First Eligibility deadline is January 13, 2023.

Additional application cutoff dates are scheduled for March 17, 2023, and May 19, 2023. NRCS accepts applications year-round but makes funding selections at application cut-off dates.


Agricultural producers and owners of non-industrial private forestland and Tribes are eligible to apply for EQIP. Eligible land includes cropland, rangeland, pastureland, non-industrial private forestland and other farm or ranch lands.

Socially disadvantaged, beginning and limited resource farmers, Indian tribes and veterans are eligible for an increased payment rate and an advance payment of up to 50 percent to purchase materials and services needed to implement conservation practices included in their EQIP contract.

Participant Responsibilities

  • Control or own eligible land
  • Comply with adjusted gross income limitation (AGI) provisions
  • Be in compliance with the highly erodible land and wetland conservation requirements
  • Filed a Business Plan 902 at the local FSA office
  • Develop an NRCS EQIP plan of operations

Additional restrictions and program requirements may apply. Contact your local USDA Service Center.

 Documents and Forms

NRCS-CPA-1200 (379.24 KB)

Applications can be acquired on

Ranking Criteria

FY 23 CPAs, DIAs, and CEMAs

FY 23 Payment Schedules

EQIP Conservation Incentive Contract (CIC)

           EQIP CIC is a program available to producers who are interested in a steppingstone between EQIP and CSP.

           First Application Cutoff Date is February 10, 2023.

           First Eligibility Deadline is March 10, 2023

More Information Available at Delaware EQIP-CIC.

New Initiative - Organic Transition Initiative (OTI) 

Who is eligible - Funding available to producers transitioning to organic production to implement conservation practices that support organic production. 

Application Signup Deadline - June 15, 2023

Where do I sign up - local NRCS or District Office

More information at Organic Transition Initiative (OTI)

Staff Contact: Brooke Jones, State Program Manager
Phone: (302) 362-7075


Back to Delaware Home 

Additional Information

Ready to get started?

Contact your local service center to start your application.

Find Your Local Service Center

USDA Service Centers are locations where you can connect with Farm Service Agency, Natural Resources Conservation Service, or Rural Development employees for your business needs. Enter your state and county below to find your local service center and agency offices. If this locator does not work in your browser, please visit

How to Get Assistance

Do you farm or ranch and want to make improvements to the land that you own or lease?

Natural Resources Conservation Service offers technical and financial assistance to help farmers, ranchers and forest landowners.

how to get started

To get started with NRCS, we recommend you stop by your local NRCS field office. We’ll discuss your vision for your land.

NRCS provides landowners with free technical assistance, or advice, for their land. Common technical assistance includes: resource assessment, practice design and resource monitoring. Your conservation planner will help you determine if financial assistance is right for you.

We’ll walk you through the application process. To get started on applying for financial assistance, we’ll work with you:

  • To fill out an AD 1026, which ensures a conservation plan is in place before lands with highly erodible soils are farmed. It also ensures that identified wetland areas are protected.
  • To meet other eligibility certifications.

Once complete, we’ll work with you on the application, or CPA 1200.

Applications for most programs are accepted on a continuous basis, but they’re considered for funding in different ranking periods. Be sure to ask your local NRCS district conservationist about the deadline for the ranking period to ensure you turn in your application in time.

As part of the application process, we’ll check to see if you are eligible. To do this, you’ll need to bring:

  • An official tax ID (Social Security number or an employer ID)
  • A property deed or lease agreement to show you have control of the property; and
  • A farm tract number.

If you don’t have a farm tract number, you can get one from USDA’s Farm Service Agency. Typically, the local FSA office is located in the same building as the local NRCS office. You only need a farm tract number if you’re interested in financial assistance.

NRCS will take a look at the applications and rank them according to local resource concerns, the amount of conservation benefits the work will provide and the needs of applicants.

If you’re selected, you can choose whether to sign the contract for the work to be done.

Once you sign the contract, you’ll be provided standards and specifications for completing the practice or practices, and then you will have a specified amount of time to implement. Once the work is implemented and inspected, you’ll be paid the rate of compensation for the work if it meets NRCS standards and specifications.