All farmers who own or lease agricultural land may be eligible. Only land identified as cropland is eligible.
- Producers must address at least one priority resource concern during the contract period.
- Contracts are for 5 years
- Payment limitation is $200,000 per individual or entity
- Two types of payments:
- Implementation Payments - paid after certification of the conservation practice
- Annual Payments - include management practices which are paid as soon as practicable after October 1 of each fiscal year
- Higher payment rates and advance payments for historically undeserved (HU) producers
Application Cutoff Dates
First Application Cutoff Date - February 10, 2023 Eligibility Deadline - March 10, 2023
Second Application Cutoff Date - March 17, 2023
Third Application Cutoff Date - May 19, 2023
Additional Information at USDA-NRCS