Subscribe for Conservation Outcomes Webinar Updates
The Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) hosts one-hour virtual webinars featuring scientists and other subject matter experts speaking on a diversity of topics related to voluntary conservation efforts on working lands.
You may subscribe to receive emails with information on upcoming webinars. Enter your email address here, then select the "Conservation Outcomes" topic under Conservation.
November 16 Conservation Outcomes Webinar
Outcomes of Spatial Targeting in Sagebrush Country via the Sage Grouse Initiative
The sagebrush biome is one of the largest habitat types in North America, spanning 175 million acres and home to sage grouse and 350 other species. USDA's Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) launched the Sage Grouse Initiative in 2010 to deliver win-win voluntary conservation solutions that support ranchers and other landowners in improving the productivity of their working lands while benefiting sage grouse. The Initiative has successfully addressed key threats impacting sage grouse by focusing on population core areas. Science has helped strategically guide, refine, and inform these voluntary, private lands conservation efforts across 11 western states.
Dr. David Naugle of the University of Montana serves as the Working Lands for Wildlife Sagebrush Biome Science Advisor. On November 16 at 10 a.m. mountain/12 p.m. eastern, Dr. Naugle will present on the strategic implementation of science-based Farm Bill conservation through the Sage Grouse Initiative. This effort is a collaboration between the University, USDA’s Conservation Effects Assessment Project, the NRCS Working Lands for Wildlife Sage Grouse Initiative, and others. Findings may be used to inform on-the-ground efforts to further conservation of sage grouse and other species in the sagebrush biome, as well as other data-driven wildlife conservation efforts nationwide.
No registration is required. You may access the webinar via Microsoft Teams shortly before 10 a.m. mountain/12 p.m. eastern on November 16 by clicking "Join November 16 Webinar," below. Users on smartphones may need to download Microsoft Teams in advance.
You may also join via audio only:
Phone Number: 202-650-0123
Phone Conference ID: 686 636 615#
2023 Webinar Calendar
Below are tentative Conservation Outcomes Webinar dates and topics for the 2023 calendar year.
Please reference this page frequently for calendar updates. Subscribe to the "Conservation Outcomes" topic via this link to receive email updates on upcoming webinar events and post-event webinar recordings with associated resources.
- November 16: Outcomes of Spatial Targeting in Sagebrush Country via the Sage Grouse Initiative
Past Webinars with Resources
Recordings of all past webinars and associated resources are available below. Past webinars are also available by conservation area of focus on the Conservation Effects Assessment Project Publications webpage.
- August 24, 2023 – Informing Turtle Conservation in the Northeast by Thinking Bigger in Space and Time: Webinar Recording (Captions Available), Presentation Slides, and Additional Resources One-Pager
- July 20, 2023 – Research on the Use of Precision Ag Technologies for Cropland Phosphorus Management: Webinar Recording (Captions Available), Presentation Slides, and Additional Resources One-Pager
- May 11, 2023 – Forest Management and Water Yield: Tool Development and Synthesis of Outcomes for Embedded Wetlands: Webinar Recording (Captions Available), Presentation Slides, and Additional Resources One-Pager
- February 23, 2023 – Sustaining Southeastern Forests: The Economic and Water Use Impacts of Privately-Owned Pine Woodlands and Restored Longleaf Pine Forests: Webinar Recording (Captions Available), Presentation Slides, and Additional Resources One-Pager
- December 8, 2022 – Reducing Woody Encroachment to Conserve Rangeland Production in the Great Plains: Webinar Recording (Captions Available), Presentation Slides, and Additional Resources One-Pager
- October 27, 2022 – Addressing Water Quality Outcomes Through Nutrient and Water Management: Webinar Recording (Captions Available), Presentation with Citations, and Additional Resources One-Pager
- August 25, 2022 – Impact of Cover Crops on Nitrogen and Phosphorus Dynamics: Webinar Recording, Presentation Slides, and Transcript
- June 23, 2022 – Science Informs Managing Working Lands for Lesser Prairie-Chickens: Webinar Recording, Presentation Slides, and Transcript
- April 28, 2022 – Conservation Practices on Cultivated Cropland: A Comparison of CEAP I and CEAP II Survey Data and Modeling: Webinar Recording and Presentation Slides
- February 24, 2022 – What New Mexico Meadow Jumping Mice Tell Us About Functional Riparian Ecosystems: Webinar Recording and Presentation Slides
- November 18, 2021 – A Decade of Science Support in the Sagebrush Biome: Webinar Recordings and Presentation Slides
- September 23, 2021 – CEAP Science Informs Shrubland Bird Conservation in Eastern Forests: Webinar Recording and Presentation Slides
- July 22, 2021 – Pollinator Response to NRCS Pollinator Practices: Webinar Recording and Presentation Slides
- May 27, 2021 – When it Rains, it Pours: Conservation Considerations for Resiliency in a Changing Climate: Webinar Recording and Presentation Slides
- April 29, 2021 – NRCS Conservation Practices Delivering Voluntary Greenhouse Gas Mitigation and Carbon Sequestration Benefits: Webinar Recording
- March 25, 2021 – Quantifying Ecosystem Functions to Facilitate Wetland Monitoring and Assessment: Webinar Recording
- February 25, 2021 – Rangeland Analysis Platform: Integrating Production and Economics into Area-Wide Planning: Webinar Recording
- January 28, 2021 – Development of the Agricultural Conservation Planning Framework and Use by NRCS for Watershed Planning: Webinar Recording
- November 12, 2020 – Linking Ecosystem Service Values to Rangeland Practices in the Central Great Plains: Webinar Recording
- October 22, 2020 – Quantifying Conservation Effects on Multiple Wetland Ecosystem Services: Understanding Tradeoffs is the Name of the Game: Webinar Recording
- September 24, 2020 – The 2017 National Resources Inventory 5-year Release, 35 Years of National Resources Monitoring: Webinar Recording
- August 27, 2020 – Conservation Outcomes of NRCS’s Working Lands for Wildlife in Eastern Forests: Webinar Recording
- July 23, 2020 – Quantifying Restoration Outcomes in Frequent-Fire Forests: Webinar Recording
- June 25, 2020 – Tillage Management and Structural Conservation Practices: CEAP II Report on Changes in Adoption Rates: Webinar Recording
- May 28, 2020 – Measuring and Understanding the Effects of Conservation within Watersheds: Webinar Recording
- April 23, 2020 – Conservation Outcomes on America’s Western Grazing Lands with NRCS’s Working Lands for Wildlife: Webinar Recording