The Conservation Outcomes Webinar Series provides key findings, data, and tools to support producers and partners in pursuing voluntary conservation efforts across the nation's working lands.
Subscribe for Conservation Outcomes Webinar Updates
The Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) hosts one-hour virtual webinars featuring scientists and other subject matter experts speaking on a diversity of topics related to voluntary conservation efforts on working lands.
You may subscribe to receive emails with information on upcoming Conservation Outcomes Webinars. Enter your email address here, then select the "Conservation Outcomes" topic under Conservation.
June 22 Conservation Outcomes Webinar
Use of Precision Ag Technologies to Strengthen Croplands Conservation Efforts and Farm Profitability
Precision ag technologies enable farmers to measure and respond to variations across their operations in real time and to identify trends across multiple growing seasons. This can inform and ultimately strengthen decision making for planting, nutrient management, pest management, irrigation, harvesting, and natural resource conservation.
On June 22 at 1:00 p.m. eastern, Dr. Douglas R. Smith from the USDA Agricultural Research Service’s Grassland Soil and Water Research Laboratory will present findings from research efforts to strengthen cropland conservation and profitability with precision ag technologies. This work, supported by USDA’s Conservation Effects Assessment Project, identifies a linkage between consistently unproductive portions of fields and high hydrological activity. These findings inform management decisions on a USDA research farm to increase profitability and reduce fertilizer runoff by prioritizing high-yield areas for crop production. While the focus of this presentation is on the Blackland Prairie of Texas, farmers across the United States may use the insights shared to strengthen their cropland management efforts.
No registration is required. You may access the webinar via Microsoft Teams shortly before 1:00 p.m. eastern on June 22 by clicking "Join June 22 Webinar," below. Please note, users on smartphones may need to download Microsoft Teams in advance.
You may also join via audio only:
Phone Number: 202-650-0123
Phone Conference ID: 235 373 197#
2023 Webinar Calendar
Below are tentative Conservation Outcomes Webinar dates and topics for the 2023 calendar year. Webinars are typically scheduled from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. eastern.
Please reference this page frequently for calendar updates. Subscribe to the "Conservation Outcomes" topic via this link to receive email updates on upcoming webinar events and post-event webinar recordings with associated resources.
- June 22: Use of Precision Ag Technologies to Strengthen Cropland Conservation Efforts and Farm Profitability
- July 20: Biochar and Conservation Practices to Reduce Nutrient, Pathogen, and Antibiotic Losses from Cropland Fields with Manure Applications
- August 24: Use of Long-Term Data and Large-Scale Population Monitoring to Inform Freshwater Turtle Conservation in the Northeast
- November 16: Outcomes of Spatial Targeting in Sagebrush Country via the Sage Grouse Initiative
Past Webinars with Resources
Recordings of all past webinars and associated resources are available below. Past webinars are also available by conservation area of focus on the Conservation Effects Assessment Project Publications webpage.
- May 11, 2023 – Forest Management and Water Yield: Tool Development and Synthesis of Outcomes for Embedded Wetlands: Webinar Recording (Captions Available), Presentation Slides, and Additional Resources One-Pager
- February 23, 2023 – Sustaining Southeastern Forests: The Economic and Water Use Impacts of Privately-Owned Pine Woodlands and Restored Longleaf Pine Forests: Webinar Recording (Captions Available), Presentation Slides, and Additional Resources One-Pager
- December 8, 2022 – Reducing Woody Encroachment to Conserve Rangeland Production in the Great Plains: Webinar Recording (Captions Available), Presentation Slides, and Additional Resources One-Pager
- October 27, 2022 – Addressing Water Quality Outcomes Through Nutrient and Water Management: Webinar Recording (Captions Available), Presentation with Citations, and Additional Resources One-Pager
- August 25, 2022 – Impact of Cover Crops on Nitrogen and Phosphorus Dynamics: Webinar Recording, Presentation Slides, and Transcript
- June 23, 2022 – Science Informs Managing Working Lands for Lesser Prairie-Chickens: Webinar Recording, Presentation Slides, and Transcript
- April 28, 2022 – Conservation Practices on Cultivated Cropland: A Comparison of CEAP I and CEAP II Survey Data and Modeling: Webinar Recording and Presentation Slides
- February 24, 2022 – What New Mexico Meadow Jumping Mice Tell Us About Functional Riparian Ecosystems: Webinar Recording and Presentation Slides
- November 18, 2021 – A Decade of Science Support in the Sagebrush Biome: Webinar Recordings and Presentation Slides
- September 23, 2021 – CEAP Science Informs Shrubland Bird Conservation in Eastern Forests: Webinar Recording and Presentation Slides
- July 22, 2021 – Pollinator Response to NRCS Pollinator Practices: Webinar Recording and Presentation Slides
- May 27, 2021 – When it Rains, it Pours: Conservation Considerations for Resiliency in a Changing Climate: Webinar Recording and Presentation Slides
- April 29, 2021 – NRCS Conservation Practices Delivering Voluntary Greenhouse Gas Mitigation and Carbon Sequestration Benefits: Webinar Recording
- March 25, 2021 – Quantifying Ecosystem Functions to Facilitate Wetland Monitoring and Assessment: Webinar Recording
- February 25, 2021 – Rangeland Analysis Platform: Integrating Production and Economics into Area-Wide Planning: Webinar Recording
- January 28, 2021 – Development of the Agricultural Conservation Planning Framework and Use by NRCS for Watershed Planning: Webinar Recording
- November 12, 2020 – Linking Ecosystem Service Values to Rangeland Practices in the Central Great Plains: Webinar Recording
- October 22, 2020 – Quantifying Conservation Effects on Multiple Wetland Ecosystem Services: Understanding Tradeoffs is the Name of the Game: Webinar Recording
- September 24, 2020 – The 2017 National Resources Inventory 5-year Release, 35 Years of National Resources Monitoring: Webinar Recording
- August 27, 2020 – Conservation Outcomes of NRCS’s Working Lands for Wildlife in Eastern Forests: Webinar Recording
- July 23, 2020 – Quantifying Restoration Outcomes in Frequent-Fire Forests: Webinar Recording
- June 25, 2020 – Tillage Management and Structural Conservation Practices: CEAP II Report on Changes in Adoption Rates: Webinar Recording
- May 28, 2020 – Measuring and Understanding the Effects of Conservation within Watersheds: Webinar Recording
- April 23, 2020 – Conservation Outcomes on America’s Western Grazing Lands with NRCS’s Working Lands for Wildlife: Webinar Recording
Natural Resources Communication Specialist