Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Tub filled with just-harvested radishes and kale.

Conservation Incentive Contracts in Oregon (EQIP-CIC)

Incentive contracts are an option available through EQIP that offers producers financial assistance to adopt conservation management practices on working landscapes.

Producers may use incentive contracts as a “steppingstone” from correcting resource issues on specific land units through EQIP, to achieving sustainable stewardship on their entire operation. Conservation Incentive Contracts are available nationwide and help producers address priority resource concerns, like sequestering carbon and improving water quality in high-priority areas. Incentive contracts now offers new conservation evaluation and monitoring activities to help report outcomes of practices.


  • Requires producers to address at least one priority resource concern during the contract period.
  • Has an initial length of five years.
  • Has a payment limitation of $200,000 for the life of the 2018 Farm Bill.
  • Offers two types of payments:
    • Implementation payments, which are paid after certification of the conservation practice.
    • Annual payments, which include management practices, paid as soon as practicable, after October 1 of each fiscal year.
  • Offers higher payment rates and advance payments to historically underserved (HU) producers who implement conservation practices in an EQIP Conservation Incentive Contract.

Who Is Eligible?

Farmers, ranchers, forest landowners and Tribal landowners who own or lease agricultural land may be eligible. EQIP assistance can be used on many types of operations, including, but not limited to:

  • Conventional and organic or transitioning to organic
  • Specialty crops and commodity crops
  • Forestry and wildlife
  • Livestock operations

Ready to manage your operation more sustainably? Check out Apply for EQIP


Find Your Local Service Center

USDA Service Centers are locations where you can connect with Farm Service Agency, Natural Resources Conservation Service, or Rural Development employees for your business needs. Enter your state and county below to find your local service center and agency offices. If this locator does not work in your browser, please visit