California NRCS Hosts Two Soils Staffs
- The State Soils Staff, whose area of responsibility is the state of California, consists of the State Soil Scientist, Assistant State Soil Scientist and staff of Area Soil Scientists, State Rangeland Ecologist, Ecological Site Specialists, and State Resource Inventory Coordinator. The State Soils Staff provides soil survey products and technical assistance to local agency and conservation district field offices as well as landowners in the state of California.
For further information, contact Tony Rolfes, State Soil Scientist, at (530) 792-5656 or Tony.Rolfes@usda.gov.
- The Pacific Soil Survey Region 2 (SSR2) area of responsibility is based on Major Land Resource Area. The SSR2 includes parts of California, Nevada, Oregon, Idaho, and the Pacific Basin including Hawaii. The staff include soil scientists and those disciplines that support the mapping, inventory, and analysis and documentation of soils data. These environmental professionals provide regional quality assurance, technical guidance, and field assistance as part of the National Cooperative Soil Survey (NCSS) partnership.
For further information, contact Dr. Cynthia Stiles, Region Director, at (530) 792-5635 or Cynthia.Stiles@usda.gov.
California Farmers Share Their Stories in Videos
- Cover Crops and Water Infiltration of Soil (4:36 min.)
- Jesse Sanchez Profile in Soil Health (3:13 min.)
- Michael Crowell Profile in Soil Health (2:37 min.)
- Soil Health Blues (1:25 min.)
- California Soil Health Partnership (7:12 min.)
- Fritz Durst Profile in Soil Health (2:42 min.)
- Scott Park Profile in Soil Health (3:00 min.)
- Healthy Soils, Quality Food (4:53 min.)
- Healthy Soil Vs. Drought (1:39 min.)