Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Press Release

USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service Accepting EQIP Applications through February 8, 2023, for Two Arkansas Water Quality Projects

Publish Date

LITTLE ROCK, AR Jan. 9, 2023

The USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) is investing in two new landscape-level water quality efforts for the National Water Quality Initiative (NWQI).

“We have learned that when we work with producers and partners to install conservation practices within critical watersheds, we see a positive impact,” said NRCS State Conservationist in Arkansas Mike Sullivan. “Through these partnerships, we accelerate and maximize the delivery of our conservation efforts which yields greater results to water quality and benefits the public, our natural resources and farmers’ bottom lines.”

Arkansas has two new NWQI projects that will be receiving financial assistance dollars in fiscal year 2023. NRCS accepts program applications on a continuous basis but sets dates to batch and rank applications as funding allows. Farmers and landowners in Arkansas who submit applications to their local NRCS office by February 8, 2023, will be considered for this round of funding. Applications received after February 8, 2023, will be considered in later funding periods, subject to funding availability.

The new Arkansas project areas are:


  • Saline Headwaters – Portions of Howard County
  • Upper Village Creek - Portions of Lawrence and Randolph County

NRCS has strengthened its focus on watershed assessment and partner engagement in selecting priority small watersheds in recent years. Partners are encouraged to work with Arkansas NRCS for new project area interests. 

All applications will be evaluated for funding based on local, state and nationally developed criteria to optimize environmental benefits. Applications ranking highest in a funding category will be funded according to priority and is subject to availability of program funds.

For more information, visit or contact the local your local USDA Service Center.