Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Sponsor Resources

Pre-Award Sponsor Resources

Step-by-step guide for Sponsors who have entered into an agreement with NRCS

If you are entering into an agreement with NRCS to complete work, and will be reimbursed for your expenses, you must submit the following required forms. Below, you'll find information and required documents for both the Watershed and Flood Prevention Operations (WFPO) and Watershed Rehabilitation (REHAB) Programs. Sponsor requirements for the Emergency Watershed Protection Program (EWP) can be found here. For additional help and guidance, connect with your local NRCS Watershed Program Manager.

Grants and Agreements Pre-Award Sponsor Requirements Presentation - May 18, 2022 (pdf) Training Webinar (YouTube)

Step One: Register with SAM.GOV

A SAM registration is required for organizations to bid on government contracts and also receive grants.

All Sponsors are required to register with SAM.GOV, maintain an active standing throughout the approved project and have an Unique Entity ID (UEI) prior to submitting the SF424 forms.

Step Two: Submit SF424 Forms

SF-424 forms are requests for Federal assistance. When the forms are complete, submit to your local NRCS Watershed Program Manager.

The following forms will need to be completed for New Agreements.


Step Three: Certificates Required


Step Four: Set Up a Federal USDA eAuth Account 

A USDA eAuth account provides access to USDA applications and services via the internet.

  • How to Request an eAuthentication Account


Step Five: Register with ezFedGrants

ezFedGrants is the USDA solution that will let you apply for and manage USDA grants and agreements online.

Step Six: Post-Award/Agreement Documents Required

Upload to ezFedGrants