Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Two NRCS team members discuss a conservation application.

Applications and Forms

If you’re interested in applying for NRCS conservation programs, contact your local NRCS office. To apply, you’ll have to complete an application as well as have other forms on file.

Forms for Farmers, Ranchers and Landowners

Applications for NRCS conservation programs are ranked and funded at key times throughout the year.

Below you'll find applications and other forms to help with applying for NRCS conservation programs, including the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP), Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP), Agricultural Management Assistance (AMA) Program, Regional Conservation Partnership Program (RCPP) and Agricultural Conservation Easement Program (ACEP). 


A producer reviews a conservation plan.

Conservation Plan

The first step in the process, is an NRCS conservation planner will contact you and schedule a visit to your property. During that visit they will walk the land with you and review any resource concerns. Following the site visit, the NRCS planner develops a conservation plan that includes a variety of conservation practices or systems to address the concerns or management goals.

Evaluation of Application

Applications are ranked, and if yours is funded, NRCS will offer you an EQIP contract to receive financial assistance for the cost of implementing practices. Payment rates for conservation practices are reviewed and set each fiscal year. Learn more about the application and evaluation process.

Other Forms on File

To apply for NRCS conservation programs, you’ll have to have a few other forms on file to ensure you have a farm number, you are in conservation compliance, and you meet other eligibility requirements. Learn more on our Common Forms webpage. Most of these forms are filed with USDA’s Farm Service Agency (FSA), which is often co-located with your NRCS local office. 

You can get email and text updates from your local NRCS and FSA offices related to program deadlines. Sign up here.

Find Your Local Service Center

USDA Service Centers are locations where you can connect with Farm Service Agency, Natural Resources Conservation Service, or Rural Development employees for your business needs. Enter your state and county below to find your local service center and agency offices. If this locator does not work in your browser, please visit