Retrieve Climate Data and Summary Reports from AgACIS
There are three ways to retrieve Agricultural Applied Climate Information System (AgACIS) climate data and summary reports.
- From the Field Office Technical Guide webpage select a state from the dropdown list. Select Submit.
- In the document tree on the left, select Section II.
- Expand the folder (click on it) for climate data. States vary in the naming of this folder. It can be variously Climate Data, Climatic Data, Climate Resources, County Level Climatic Data, etc.
- Expand the folder (click on it) named AgACIS or Agricultural Applied Climate Information System. States vary in the naming of this folder, and some states may have it located another folder level beneath. It is not available in some states.
- A selection page will open in the center of the page, showing available documents and resources for the climate stations.
- Select the Document Title to open the document or resource.
Method 2 and Method 3 require you to know the 5-digit FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) code for the desired state (first two digits) and county (last three digits). A list of these codes is available here.
- Method 2: Go to http://agacis.rcc-acis.org, enter the five-digit FIPS code in the box beside Office ID, and click Submit.
- Method 3: In your web browser address bar, insert the five-digit FIPS code into the following url where it says FIPSCODE http://agacis.rcc-acis.org/FIPSCODE/mtot.
At this point in Methods 2 and 3, a table will appear as in Step 5 of Method 1 above. Proceed with the desired selections.
You will need to verify that the station has enough data to produce a valid report. If there are insufficient data, you can select another nearby station that has sufficient data.