Skip Navigation

Eligibility Information for Most NRCS Programs

North Carolina Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) is looking forward to helping all landowners address resources concerns. NRCS programs and associated program benefits are available to eligible producers who meet basic eligibility requirements. Please also Refer to individual program descriptions for specific information for each program located on this Web site on our programs page. Each program may have entity, person, land or activity related requirements which must be met in order to qualify for benefits. Most programs require submittal of applications, determination of eligibility and project evaluation be completed at the local NRCS field office level for Financial Assistance Programs or the New York State Office for Easement Programs by specified deadlines.

For EQIP, WRP, WHIP, GRP and CSP programs, eligible applicants must maintain or update the following information, records, certifications and financial documents before submitting an application. In addition to NRCS program requirements, producers are advised to carefully review all other eligibility requirements including update of farm records administered by the Farm Services Agency (FSA). Producers are strongly encouraged to contact their local NRCS and FSA offices to make sure all records are current and correct before submitting a program application. Producers who submit incomplete applications or whose farm records and certifications are not up-to-date and eligibility is not verified may be deferred.


Getting Started: Eligibility and Working with NRCS and Farm Service Agency

The following documents require Adobe Acrobat.

Specific records for landowner eligibility include, but are not limited to:

  • Form NRCS-CPA-1200: Conservation Program Application � Signed and dated by all program participants or authorized persons. Depending upon the applicant and existing records, these additional forms and documentation may need to be completed.
  • Proof of Identity: Authorized persons may be required to show a valid state driver�s license, passport or other personal identification as well as Social Security or EIN numbers, address and other information.
  • Form CCC-931: Payment Eligibility
  • Average Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) Certification and Consent to Disclosure of Tax Information
  • Form AD-1026: Highly Erodible Land Conservation and Wetland Conservation Certification
  • Form CCC-901: Entity Member Information, if applicable.
  • Form SF-1199A: Direct Deposit Sign-up form.
  • Signature Authority: Self-certification of signature authority as indicated on Form CCC-901 or documents such as articles of incorporation, charter, bylaws, partnership agreements, trust agreements, wills and similar legal evidence.
  • Land Ownership or control: The applicant may be required to provide evidence of control of land through ownership documents (deeds, etc.) or lease information (rental agreements, permits, lease, etc) for the length of the contract.
  • Map depicting ownership boundaries for all land the applicant owns and operates.
  • Form FSA-211: Power of Attorney, if applicable.

Entities / Organizations

All entities and organization applying for NRCS programs need to obtain a DUNS number and register with the System for Award Management (SAM) when submitting a conservation program application. Obtaining a DUNS number and registering with SAM is FREE.

  • To obtain your free DUNS number please visit the following site: To register for your FREE DUNS number you will need the following: name of organization, organization address, name of the CEO/organization owner, legal structure of the organization (corporation, partnership, proprietorship), year the organization started, primary type of business, total number of employees (full and part-time) If your organization is located outside the United States, you can request and register for a DUNS number also online via web registration. NOTE: Obtaining a DUNS number places your organization on D&B's marketing list that is sold to other companies. You can request not to be added to this list during your application.
  • System  for Award Management (SAM) is a Web-enabled government wide application that collects, validates, stores and disseminates business information about the federal government's trading partners in support of the contract award, grants and the electronic payment processes. Prior to July 2012, this functionality was handled by the Central Contractor Registration (CCR). When your organization registers with SAM, you must designate an E-Business Point of Contact (E-Biz POC).  Registering with SAM is FREE. You can register with SAM at It typically takes three to five business days to register with SAM if your company, enitiy or organization has an Employer Identification Number (EIN). Click here for the SAM Quickstart Guide for New Grantee Registration. Note: Your organization needs to renew their SAM registration once a year.
  • Employer ID Numbers (EINs): Applicant information, i.e., EIN, name, and address, provided to FSA and NRCS must exactly match the applicants information that is on file with the IRS.  Visit the IRS' website for more information.


Note: Confidential and private information: Many of the program application forms or documentation require the applicant to provide sensitive, contact, financial or other confidential information. Disclosure of this data is voluntary, but failure to provide the required information in a timely manner may result in the deferral of an application or denial of a benefit payment. By law and policy, confidential, private and sensitive information is protected by USDA and employees and agency partners are subject to penalty and disciplinary action for inappropriate or mismanagement of private data.