Skip Navigation

News Release

NRCS in Tennessee Offers RCPP Assistance to Producers to Address Soil and Water Resource Concerns


For more information contact:
Katherine K. Burse, State Public Affairs Officer
PH: 615-277-2533


NASHVILLE, December 15, 2017 – The United States Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) in Tennessee, recently announced $1.2 million funding availability to expand assistance services to address resource concerns and improve the quality of Tennessee waters across the state. Producers are encouraged to sign up for assistance through the Regional Conservation Partnership Program (RCPP).  The deadline to submit applications is January 19, 2018.

“RCPP serves as a valuable vehicle for matching federal investment and private capital. We are seeing positive results in our natural resources and in agricultural production,” said Kevin Brown, Tennessee NRCS State Conservationist. “These locally-led efforts from our partners are having an impact on both conservation and production.”

The RCPP funds awarded will finance cost-share on conservation projects that will address factors contributing to the watershed being listed on the state 303(d) List—a section under the Clean Water Act that requires states to submit lists of impaired waters, or waters that are too polluted or otherwise degraded to meet water quality standards.

The listing identifies more than 10,000 stream miles across Tennessee that are impaired from some agricultural concern, such as crop production, livestock impacts, pasture grazing, etc. Treatment of primary resource concerns will address and minimize impacts from siltation/sedimentation, nutrients and pathogens.

The State of Tennessee, Tennessee Department of Agriculture, is the lead partner in this RCPP effort.

For more information on Tennessee RCPP projects, visit the Tennessee NRCS website or for National RCPP projects, the National RCPP website.

USDA NRCS helps America’s farmers and ranchers conserve the Nation’s soil, water, air and other natural resources. All programs are voluntary and offer science-based solutions that benefit both the landowner and the environment.


USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender. To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Ave., SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (866) 632-9992 (Toll-free Customer Service), (800) 877-8339 (Local or Federal relay), (866) 377-8642 (Relay voice users).

“Voluntary Conservation Works!”