Skip Navigation

EQIP - Producer and Land Eligibility

Banner - Producer-Land Eligibility
Find your local field office at

EQIP is open to all eligible agricultural producers.

    NRCS programs and associated program benefits are available to eligible producers who meet basic eligibility requirements. All applications must meet the criteria for both producer eligibility and land eligibility to be considered for funding.

Applicant Eligibility

    To be eligible to participate in EQIP the applicant must:

  1. Be considered an agricultural producer,
  2. Have control of the land for the life of the contract,
  3. Be in compliance with federal highly erodible land and wetland conservation provisions, and
  4. Be within appropriate payment limitation requirements and adjusted gross income requirements

Land Eligibility

    To be eligible to participate in EQIP the land must:

  1. Be agricultural land, nonindustrial private forest land or other land on which agricultural products, livestock or forest-related products are produced. (Eligible land includes cropland, rangeland, pasture land, private non-industrial forestland, and other farm or ranch lands as determined by the Secretary of Agriculture)

Other Requirements

In addition to NRCS program requirements, producers are advised to carefully review all other eligibility requirements including establishing or updating farm records administered by the Farm Services Agency (FSA).  Producers are strongly encouraged to contact their local NRCS and FSA offices to make sure all records are current and correct before submitting a program application.  Producers who submit incomplete applications or whose farm records and certifications are not up-to-date and eligibility is not verified may be deferred.

Records That may Be Required:

Specific records are required may include, but are not limited to the following documents. You can contact your local field office if you have any questions.

  • Proof of Identity: Authorized persons may be required to show a valid state driver's license, passport or other personal identification as well as Social Security or EIN numbers, address and other information.
  • Signature Authority: Self-certification of signature authority as indicated on Form CCC-901 or documents such as articles of incorporation, charter, bylaws, partnership agreements, trust agreements, wills and similar legal evidence.
  • Land Ownership or control: The applicant may be required to provide evidence of control of land through ownership documents (deeds, etc.) or lease information (rental agreements, permits, lease, etc) for the length of the contract.
  • Map depicting ownership boundaries for all land the applicant owns and operates.

Note - Confidential and private information:

Many of the program application forms or documentation require the applicant to provide sensitive, contact, financial or other confidential information.  Disclosure of this data is voluntary, but failure to provide the required information in a timely manner may result in the deferral of an application or denial of a benefit payment.  By law and policy, confidential, private and sensitive information is protected by USDA and employees and agency partners are subject to penalty and disciplinary action for inappropriate or mismanagement of private data.


NRCS Conservation Program Appeals Division
USDA National Appeals Division
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)

Find your local field office at

<-- Back