Skip Navigation

News Release

NRCS NH announces FY 2017 Agricultural Management Assistance (AMA) application batching ranking dates

Article announces ranking batching dates for Agricultural Management Assistance (AMA),
explains the program, and offers next steps for interested reader.

Dover, New Hampshire, January 25, 2017— Agriculture producers in New Hampshire:

If you are interested in protecting and conserving resources on your property or mitigating risk to your operation through technical or financial assistance, contact your local USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) field office to begin the conservation planning process. Once an NRCS Conservation Plan is developed, you can work with NRCS to determine which programs would best suit your conservation needs. Applications for the NRCS Agricultural Management Assistance (AMA) may be submitted at any time year-round; however, the upcoming ranking batching dates in NH are:          

          February 17, 2017          
          March 17, 2017          
          April 20, 2017         

All applicants that are eligible by close of business (4:30 p.m.) on those ranking batching dates will be considered in that funding cycle. Agricultural Management Assistance (AMA) is available in NH and 15 other States in which Federal Crop Insurance Program participation is historically low. In NH, we are focusing our assistance on the following:

  • prevention of losses due to drought
  • mitigating risks through operation diversification or change in resource conservation practices, such as with Seasonal High Tunnels

Who can participate? All agricultural producers who are engaged in forestry, crop, or livestock production on eligible land may participate in AMA. Participation is voluntary. Eligible land includes cropland (including orchards, vineyards, and berry land), pasture, hayland, forestland or other lands on which crops or livestock are produced.

How do you get started? Call your local NRCS field office to discuss your resource needs and work with staff to develop a conservation plan. Your conservation planner will visit your farm and identify resource concerns, discuss your goals, inventory resources, and evaluate alternatives. Your goals and objectives, with a list of recommended conservation practices for your farm, will be included in your conservation plan.

Are you eligible and how do you apply? Once you have a conservation plan and would like to apply for AMA funds to help you implement your list of recommended conservation practices, we will help you understand the program eligibility process. NRCS will evaluate your completed eligibility forms and needed practices. After you have finalized practice decisions and agree to move forward, we’ll work with you on the application. AMA applications are accepted year-round, but they are considered for funding during specific ranking periods. Once you have passed eligibility and finalized practice decisions, your application is eligible to be considered for the next ranking period.

Where can you get help? Contact your local office for more information. General program information is available on the NRCS New Hampshire website at

New Hampshire NRCS Field Service Centers:

Concord Field Service Center
Serving Merrimack and Belknap Counties
10 Ferry St., Suite 211
Concord, NH 03301
Merrimack County: 603-223-6028
Heather Foley, District Conservationist

Belknap County:
Bill Hoey, Soil Conservationist

Conway Field Service Center
Serving Carroll and Belknap Counties
73 Main St.
Conway, NH 03818
Nels Liljedahl, District Conservationist

Epping Field Service Center
Serving Rockingham and Strafford Counties
629 Calef Highway, Suite 203
Epping, NH 03042
Keri Neal, District Conservationist






Lancaster Field Service Center
Serving Coos County
4 Mayberry Ln.
Lancaster, NH 03584
Kelly Eggleston, District Conservationist
603-788-4651 x111

Milford Field Service Center
Serving Hillsborough County
#468, Rte. 13 South
Milford, NH 03055
Heather Foley, District Conservationist

Orford Field Service Center
Serving Grafton County
19 Archertown Rd., Suite 1
Orford, NH 03777
Beth Ann Finlay, District Conservationist

Walpole Field Service Center
Serving Cheshire and Sullivan Counties
11 Industrial Park Dr.
Walpole, NH 03608
Steve Pytlik, District Conservationist


# # #

USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer and lender. To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (800) 795-3272 (voice) or (202) 720-6382 (TDD).