Skip Navigation

Wetlands Reserve Program

The Wetlands Reserve Program is a voluntary program offering landowners the opportunity to protect, restore, and enhance wetlands on their property.  The USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) provides technical and financial support to help landowners with their wetland restoration efforts.  The NRCS goal is to achieve the greatest wetland functions and values, along with optimum wildlife habitat, on every acre enrolled in the program.  This program offers landowners an opportunity to establish long-term conservation and wildlife practices and protection.

Program Information

WRP in Maryland Factsheet (PDF; 904 KB)
Maryland Geographic Rate Caps (GARC) (PDF; 648 KB)

Maryland Geographic Area Rate Caps 2013















Application Information

All Applications
Easements - Additional Required Documents
  • Proof of ownership for at least 7 years or
  • Landowner's request for waiver of 7 year ownership requirement

Proof of ownership can be obtained using the Maryland Real Property Data Search for each parcel. Select the County, enter the Map and Parcel Number.  Look at the most recent date in the Transfer Information section.  Must be done for each Parcel.

  • CCC-901 Members Information (PDF; 154 KB)
  • Signature Authority- Corporate charter, bylaws, court orders of appointment, trust agreement, last will and testament, articles of partnership, or other legal documents clearly designating who has signature authority for the legal entity. When specific or sufficient signatory authority is not provided in the entity documents, all members must sign the contract documents, amend the entity documents, or execute a power of attorney that designates an individual to act as the attorney-in-fact or agent for the joint operation or entity on a CPA-09 Power of Attorney. A FSA-211 is not acceptable for all WRP transactions.
  • DUNS Number-(A Dun & Bradstreet Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) number is necessary for federal grants or contracts to entities equal to or more than $25,000. If you do not have a number, information is available at
  • System for Award Management- Once the entity has a DUNS number; you must register with System for Award Management (SAM) and complete other reporting requirements. To register with SAM, go to Registration is FREE.
  • Proof that the entity is legal and valid in Maryland (usually a certificate of good standing from the Secretary of State) can be obtained at Maryland Department of Taxation website.
Optional Documents

Archived 2012 WRP program information

National Program Information

National WRP program information

WRP Program Manual

20 Years of Restoring America's Wetlands


Tiffany Davis
Farm Bill Specialist
Phone: 443.482.2960

Tom Morgart
Assistant State Conservationist - Programs
Phone: 443.482.2927

or your local service center