Skip Navigation

Computer Frequently Asked Questions - How to Request ITS Access

How to Request ITS Access for NRCS Employees, Partners, Contractors and Volunteers

Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12) mandates Federal agencies to screen employees and contractors (partners/volunteers) and issue credentials (LincPass). In order to acquire a LincPass we must initiate a background investigation. Anyone who requires routine access to federally controlled facilities (field office) and/or information systems (i.e. file cabinets containing contracts, programs such as ProTracts, or Personally Identifiable Information (PII), etc.) requires a background investigation.

USDA memo dated January 14, 2008 (PDF; 37 KB) states that new employees and contractors are required to take the FY 09 Information Systems Security Awareness Assessment prior to being allowed access to any USDA information systems, sensitive electronic or hard copy data.

The procedure differs slightly between the two choices below.  Please read instructions on the following pages carefully.

The new employee is: