Skip Navigation

News Release

Are You an Idaho Ag or Private Timber Producer Affected by Wildfires? See NRCS to do a damage assessment

Mindi Rambo, Public Affairs Specialist, 208.378.5720

BOISE, ID, Aug. 31, 2018 – The USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) in Idaho is asking any farmers, ranchers or private timber producers who have been affected by this year’s wildfires anywhere in the state to come into their local field office to speak to our staff and set up an assessment.

“We are currently in the field assessing the damages caused by fires and how we can best assist our customers, said Curtis Elke, the State Conservationist for NRCS is Idaho. “Unfortunately, wildfires happen and we want our customers to know that the NRCS is ready to address their needs.  After assessing the damages and completing an inventory of the resource concerns requiring attention, we will work with producers on the best way to address those concerns and the types of assistance that may be available.”

A list of NRCS field offices, their addresses and phone numbers may be found online at under Contact Us. 

“Whether you are a longtime NRCS customer, a USDA easement holder or are coming in to see us for the first time, I want you to know we are going to do our very best for you,” Elke said.


USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer. To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Ave., SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (866) 632-9992 (Toll-free Customer Service), (800) 877-8339 (Local or Federal relay), (866) 377-8642 (Relay voice users).