Skip Navigation

Related Topics

Conservation Activity Plans

A Conservation Activity Plan can be developed for producers to identify conservation practices needed to address  specific natural resource needs. Typically, these plans are specific to certain kinds of land use such as transitioning to organic operations, grazing land or forest land. But it can also mitigate a need such as nutrient management or a herbicide resistance issue. With a CAP plan, producers can then apply for financial assistance to implement the practices.

EQIP payments are made directly to program participants for development of a plan, but plans may only be developed  by an NRCS-certified Technical Service Provider. Although NRCS personnel are prohibited from developing CAPs, they can assist with the development of conservation plans to address identified resource concerns.

Find a Technical Service Provider

You can find information about Technical Service Providers on the NRCS national TSP website.

The Conservation Activity Plan national website has more specific information on CAPs or contact your local NRCS office.