Skip Navigation

New Form Required for Some NRCS Customers

If you are a producer or landowner who participates in USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) conservation programs, the Farm Service Agency (FSA) may be reaching out by mail with information about a form you’ll need to fill out.

Starting this year, all producers and landowners participating or applying to participate in our Agricultural Management Assistance (AMA) Program, Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP), Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP), and/or our conservation easement program must complete Form CCC-902, Farm Operating Plan.

Historically, to participate in these programs, legal entities could file either the CCC-901, Member Information or the CCC-902, while individuals were not specifically required to file the CCC-902 with FSA. Now, to ensure FSA and NRCS are properly determining payment eligibility and maximum payment limitations, all customers must have a CCC-902 on file to establish eligibility.

These changes will not affect participants who already have a Form CCC-902 with a determined status recorded with FSA.

Customers who do not have a CCC-902 on file with FSA will receive a letter in the mail in the coming weeks with detailed information on what is needed and how to file the form. The letter requests that the form be completed within 30 days of receipt of the letter. 

For added convenience, USDA is offering options for remote or in-person submission of the CCC-902.

Fiscal Year 2021 is considered a transition year to ensure all NRCS program participants can meet this updated filing requirement. Beginning in FY2022, your payments may be impacted if Form CCC-902 is not on file.

We can help: Connecticut NRCS and FSA staff are available at our USDA Service Centers to provide information and assistance to walk you through meeting this filing requirement. 

For more information, see the NRCS National Bulletin 300-21-7 or FSA Notice PL-293.