Skip Navigation

News Release

NRCS Announces Extended Application Deadline for California Wildfire Disaster Recovery Funding

Chris Zimny (530) 792-5655
Jolene Lau (530) 792-5690 C: (530) 601-1595

Post fire recoveryDAVIS, Calif., January 8, 2021 – The USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) has extended the deadline to apply for approximately $2.6 million in funding available through the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) for those impacted by California’s recent wildfires.

“We have seen steady demand for wildfire recovery efforts during the initial release of this funding,” said NRCS California State Conservationist Carlos Suarez. “Many environmental and public safety improvements will result from these emergency activities. We look forward and stand ready to provide technical and financial assistance to further help our affected clients.”

This is the second round of funding selections for this California wildfire recovery funding. Applications can be submitted through your local field office. Applications will be evaluated and selected for funding beginning January 29, 2021.

This Wildfire Disaster Recovery funding will support a rapid response to the recent catastrophic fires by addressing resource concerns that must be addressed immediately, such as erosion, invasive noxious weeds, and dead hazard trees that threaten life, property, and other infrastructure.  A select list of seventeen Conservation Practices is available to treat these immediate resource concerns.

Follow the link below to learn more about the California Wildfire Disaster Recovery funding pool:

For more general and technical information on post fire recovery assistance see Post-Fire Disaster Assistance:

For additional information about EQIP, contact your local service center. USDA Service Centers are open for business by phone appointment only and field work will continue with appropriate social distancing. While program delivery staff will continue to come into the office, they will be working with producers by phone, and using online tools whenever possible. All Service Center visitors wishing to conduct business with NRCS, Farm Service Agency, or any other Service Center agency are required to call their Service Center to schedule a phone appointment. More information can be found at