Skip Navigation

Alabama GM Supplement No 120 AL64- Part 450.B

General Manual Alabama Supplement No. 120 AL64

Title 120 General Manual
Part 405 Personal Property
Subpart B - General

AL405 - NRCS Fleet Expense Management Procedures

  1. Drivers will maintain a log of all vehicle expenses incurred while operating a government owned vehicle (GOV) (Attachment 2). The log should be kept on a monthly basis. As a minimum drivers shall forward completed vehicle logs, with all associated receipts, to their section/team leader within three business days after the end of each quarter (December, March, June, September). The logs and original receipts should be forwarded from the section/team to the State Office within five business days after the end of each quarter.
  2. For non-accident related vehicle expenses drivers are authorized to pay for allowable expenses up to a $100 limit without a purchase order (AD-700) request. For expenses over $100 and up to $1,000 the section/team leader must approve a purchase order request prior to incurring the expense. The original AD-700 will be forwarded to the driver who will staple it to the invoice/receipt and file with other vehicle receipts. The driver will use the vehicle fleet card to pay for the authorized expenses. For expenses over $1,000, estimates for repair will be forwarded to the State Office. The State Office will issue the AD-700 and proceed with approval or denial of the request as determined appropriate on a case-by-case basis.
  3. For accidents, theft, or vandalism related vehicle expenses the section/team leader will communicate with the State Office Contracting Officer to determine an appropriate course of action. The Contracting Officer, section/team office, and local field office will prepare required documents as appropriate. The State Office will determine who will prepare and approve the AD-700 and forward to the appropriate employees. Fleet cards should be used for repairs after approvals are authorized.