Skip Navigation

News Release

USDA NRCS announces FY 2017 EQIP application cutoff date

Joanne Kuykendall
(907) 761-7757

Applications for conservation contracts are accepted continuously and ranked for funding in batches by a preset cutoff date

Palmer, June 8, 2016 – Landowners interested applying for the Natural Resources Conservation Service Environmental Quality Incentives Program must submit their applications to an NRCS office by 4:30 p.m. on Thur. Sept. 1, 2016 to be considered for fiscal year 2017 funding. Applications must be signed and include farm and tract numbers supplied by the Farm Service Agency. Applicants using an EIN must also provide their DUNS number and current registration in the SAM database.

The applications must then meet eligibility by Fri. Nov. 18, including proof of land control and signature authority, as well as FSA forms 1026, 941 and if applicable 901 and 211. Only applications received by Sept. 1 and eligible by Nov. 18 will be in the first round of ranking, which is scheduled to take place Wed. Feb. 1, 2017, pending funding availability.

Dates to know for NRCS EQIP 2017 applications:

Thurs. Sept. 1, 2016      Application are Due

Fri. Nov. 18, 2016         Eligibility Met

Wed. Feb 1, 2017          NRCS Ranks Applications

Funds being limited, not all applications will be funded. Applications with higher quality and quantity of proposed conservation and environmental benefits receive higher scores. The highest ranking applications are funded first.

The EQIP program provides financial and technical assistance to help landowners voluntarily implement conservation practices to improve natural resources. Payment is provided for a variety of practices to address resource concerns related to water quality, grazing land health, soil erosion and health, wildlife habitat and others.

To learn about technical and financial assistance available through conservation programs, contact an NRCS Office - Fairbanks: (907) 479-3159, Kenai: (907) 283-8732, Wasilla: (907) 373-6492, Delta Junction office: (907) 859-4241, Homer: (907) 235-8177, and Juneau: (907) 586-7220.