Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government


NRCS is Now accepting Classic Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP) Signup

Publish Date
Wyoming Big Horn Mountains

CSP Applications must be received by Monday, March 20, 2023

CASPER, Wyo. – Agricultural producers and forest landowners looking to build on conservation efforts while strengthening their operation can now apply for technical and financial assistance through the Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP). Producers interested in implementing conservation practices to improve natural resources on their private agricultural land have until Monday, March 20, to submit applications.

Producers must have farm records current with the Farm Service Agency and submit a complete program application to NRCS to be considered for financial assistance through CSP. Applications are accepted at all Wyoming NRCS offices located in USDA Service Centers across the state. To find out more information about CSP please visit the CSP webpage. To locate an NRCS field office near you, please visit the USDA Service Center webpage.

Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) Wyoming makes funding selections at specific times during the fiscal year. Additionally, existing CSP participants may have an opportunity to renew their contracts in the first half of the fifth year of their five-year contract.  NRCS accepts applications for CSP at any time throughout the year. NRCS sets specific deadlines for ranking and funding opportunities. 

USDA’s NRCS offers CSP in all 50 states and the Pacific and Caribbean areas through continuous signups. The program provides many benefits, including increased crop yields, decreased inputs, wildlife habitat improvements and increased resilience to adverse weather. CSP is for working lands, including cropland, pastureland, rangeland, nonindustrial private forest land and agricultural land under Indian tribe jurisdiction.



Find Your Local Service Center

USDA Service Centers are locations where you can connect with Farm Service Agency, Natural Resources Conservation Service, or Rural Development employees for your business needs. Enter your state and county below to find your local service center and agency offices. If this locator does not work in your browser, please visit