Black Special Emphasis Program
- To ensure that Equal Employment Opportunity is provided for African-Americans/Blacks in all aspects of employment including: recruitment, training, promotion, and upward mobility.
- Increase the number of African-Americans/Blacks employed in all professional, administrative, technical, clerical, and other categories, series, and grade levels
- Provide opportunities to participate in training, career development, and leadership programs.
- Encourage the participation of African-Americans/Blacks in all NRCS-sponsored programs and activities.
- Provide a network of professional support for African-Americans/Blacks.
- Provide mentoring support to African-Americans/Blacks in the workforce.
- Educate all NRCS employees by raising the level of awareness of African-American/Black workplace issues and concerns.
- Improve outreach efforts to under-utilized and under-served communities.
- To provide an effective channel of communication to management regarding minority concerns and issues.
Black History Month
Links of Interest: