Montana Source Water Protection Areas - Environmental Quality Incentives Program
These six approved SWPs will be considered for targeted implementation in FY24 to address source water threats. Applications received by the October 27, 2023, deadline are eligible for a higher payment rate if the practice is in a PLU that is within the boundary of any of the 6 approved SWPs and is within the boundary of an investment ready Targeted Implementation Plan (TIP) and is for practices identified in the TIP.
- Clarks Fork of the Yellowstone “Fromberg & Billings SWP” - Carbon and Yellowstone Counties
- Muddy Creek “Fairfield SWP” - Teton and Cascade Counties
- Huntley Project “Worden & Ballantine SWP” - Yellowstone County
- Muddy Creek “Power SWP” - CountiesTeton and Cascade
- Shields River Watershed “Clyde Park & Wilsall SWP” - Park, Gallatin, and Meagher Counties
- Gallatin River SWP - Gallatin County
Applications are also eligible for the higher payment rate if the practice is in a PLU that is within one of two approved NWQI watershed boundaries.