Email This Page
Location: Southern Piedmont Agricultural Research & Extension Center, 2375 Darvills Road, Blackstone, VA
Pre-Dinner Sorghum Variety Tour - 2:30 p.m. (Registration begins at 2 p.m.)
- Impact of shade on cool-season forage mixtures
- Bermudagrass for summer grazing and hay
- Summer annual grasses for high quality summer forage
- Forage Sorghums for improving drought tolerance of silage systems
- Preservatives as part of a hay production system
Dinner and Registration for Post-Dinner Silvopasture Tour - 5 p.m.
Tour of a Landscape Scale Silvopasture Establishment Project (funded through a NRCS Virginia Conservation Innovation Grant and a Southern SARE Grant) - 6 p.m.
- Stockpiling cool-season grasses for summer grazing
- Silvopasture project overview
- Time zero ecology of silvopasture area
- Silvopasture establishment: thinning the existing stand
- Silvopasture establishment: seedbed preparation
- Silvopasture establishment: forage species
Fees: No fee.
Registration required: Yes