Email This Page
Location: 1860 River Road West, Crozier, VA 23039
Learn how to use forage crops and grazing management to build soil health and
extend your grazing season by attending this program from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Ronnie Nuckols' Farm in Goochland County.
Highlights include presentations on:
- Comparing annual forage species mixtures: growth, feed quality and soil benefits
- Grazing systems: layout, infrastructure, stream exclusion
- Strip‐grazing to manage nutrients and harvest efficiency
- Spring management of winter feeding areas
- Analyzing forage root structures in a soil pit with Ray Archuleta
You can also learn about Ronnie's participation in a VFGC Conservation Innovation Grant project on soil health and grazing management and how all these activities fit into the International Year of Soils.
Fees: $10/person (program registration includes lunch)
Registration required: Yes