Natural Resources Conservation Service
Task Force on Agricultural Air Quality
Agency: Natural Resources Conservation Service
Action: Notice of meeting
Summary: The Task Force on Agricultural Air Quality
will meet to discuss the relationship between agricultural production and
air quality. The meeting is open to the public.
Date: The meeting will convene Wednesday, October 29,
1997 at 9:00 a.m. and continue until 4:00 p.m. The meeting will resume
Thursday, October 30, 1997 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Written material
and requests to make oral presentations should reach the Natural Resources
Conservation Service on or before October 27, 1997.
Addresses: The meeting will be held at the Washington
Plaza Hotel, 10 Thomas Circle NW, Washington, DC, telephone (202)
842-1300. Written material and requests to make oral presentations should
be sent to George Bluhm, University of California, Land, Air, Water
Resources, 151 Hoagland Hall, Davis, CA 95616-6827.
For Further Information Contact: George Bluhm,
Designated Federal Official, telephone (916) 752-1018, fax (916) 752-1552.
Supplementary Information: Notice of this meeting is
given under the Federal Advisory Committee Act, 5 U.S.C. App. 2.
Additional information about the Task Force on Agricultural Air Quality,
including any revised agendas for the October 29-30, 1997 meeting that may
appear after this Federal Register Notice is published, may be found on
the World Wide Web at http://www.nhq.nrcs.usda.gov/faca/aaqtf.html.
Draft Agenda of the October 29-30, 1997, Meeting:
A. Opening Remarks
- Welcome to Washington - P. Wakelyn
- Comments and introductions from the Chair - P. Johnson
B. Past Actions
- Report on the letter of advice on air research needs to the Secretary
- J. Trotter
- Senate Agriculture Committee hearing on agricultural air quality - P.
Wakelyn, S. Shaver
- House Agriculture Committee hearing on agricultural air quality - C.
- EPA regional haze rules - S. Shaver
C. Status Reports on Efforts in Progress
- MOU between USDA and EPA - S. Shaver, G. Bluhm
- Agricultural burning - B. Odum
- Oversight issues - W. Hambleton
- PM research issues - M. Cunha, R. Flocchini
- Ozone issues - J. Miller
- Health effects - T. Ferguson, V. Chavez
- Monitoring issues - C. Parnell Jr.
- Odorants - J. Sweeten
D. New Issues and Parking Lot
- Nitrous oxide - J. Smith
- Carbon sequestration CRP - T. Elliot
- As time allows, other issues brought up by the public or Task Force
E. Set date and location for next meeting
This meeting is open to the public. At the discretion of the Chair,
members of the public may present oral presentations during the October
29-30 meeting. Persons wishing to make oral presentations should notify
George Bluhm no later than October 27, 1997. If a person submitting
material would like a copy distributed to each member of the committee in
advance of the meeting, that person should submit 25 copies to George
Bluhm no later than October 27, 1997.
Information on Services for Individuals With
For information on facilities or services for individuals with
disabilities or to request special assistance at the meeting, contact
George Bluhm as soon as possible.
This page last updated 4/6/98