Montana Earth Team Volunteer Program
Montana's Earth Team volunteers work side-by-side with conservation professionals. The soil conservationists, technicians, scientists, wildlife biologists, engineers, accounting and administrative staff are all committed to helping people protect and conserve the earth's natural resources. By volunteering, you will help your community, your country, and our Earth. In addition, you will learn new skills, meet new people, and be part of a dedicated conservation effort.
Earth Team Montana Volunteer Stories
- "Every Single Tuesday" tells the story of one Montana Earth Team volunteer. The video requires Flash Player. If you encounter any problems with the files provided on this page, please contact Webmaster at 406-587-6945.
Every Single Tuesday (SWF; 10 minutes, 30 seconds; 75 MB)
Volunteers must be 14 years of age or older and be United States citizens or citizens of allied countries.
Your skills and interests are matched to the agency's needs.
When you sign up as an Earth Team Volunteer, you are on your way to becoming a caretaker of natural resources in your community. When you volunteer, you may assist with improving wildlife habitat, collecting soil samples, identifying areas with invasive species, providing conservation education to adults and students, community outreach, and many more interesting opportunities. Whatever your talents or interests might be, there is a volunteer opportunity for you with the Earth Team.
Signup and join our team.
Please complete the Earth Team Volunteer Interest and Placement Summary (PDF; 169 KB) to get started as an Earth Team volunteer. In order to view and complete this form you will need Adobe Reader.
The completed forms can be emailed to the Montana State Volunteer Coordinator: Travis Lemke or mail a hard copy of your completed forms to:
Montana State Earth Team Coordinator
3550 Mullan Road, Suite 106
Missoula, MT 59808-5125
If you are interested in volunteering or have questions about the Earth Team, contact an Earth Team coordinator listed below. Additional information is also available on the national Earth Team Web site.
Montana Earth Team Program Contacts
- Bozeman Area: Mary Ann Quinn, 406-587-6859
- Great Falls Area: Dee Morgan, 406-727-7580 x 102
- Miles City Area: Kristi Nile, 406-232-7905 x 116
- Missoula Area: Mona Smith, 406-829-3395 x 123
- State Office and Plant Materials Center: Lori Valadez, 406-587-6969
- State Volunteer Coordinator: Travis Lemke, 406-829-3395 x 122
State Volunteer Coordinator
Phone: 406-829-3395 x 122
Email: Travis Lemke