State Technical Committee
State Technical Committee and Local Work Groups
The State Technical Advisory Committee provides recommendations for establishing technical guidelines and program criteria and priorities necessary to carry out conservation provisions of the Farm Bill. Roles and responsibilities include providing advice on issues such as:
- State program management policies and procedures
- Technical programmatic recommendations
- Statewide public information and outreach campaigns
- Identifying significant statewide natural resource concerns
- Guidelines for developing ranking criteria for evaluating applications
- Guidance on eligible conservation practices
- Technical guidance on conservation practices, including new, innovative practices
- Cost-share rates and incentive payment limits and methods of payment
- Identifying, monitoring, and analyzing performance indicators
- Evaluating and reporting program impacts on natural resources and the environment
- Coordinating with other Federal, State, Tribal and local public and private activities
The NRCS State Conservationist
- Acts as Committee Chair
- Ensures equal representation of interests
- Seriously considers the Committee's technical advice
- Provides notice of public meetings
The Committee is composed of individuals representing a variety of natural resource sciences and occupations that include soil, water, air, plants, wetlands, and wildlife.
Public Notice: USDA-NRCS State Technical Committee Meeting
June 30, 2015 AZ State Technical Committee Meeting Invite (pdf)
The public is invited to the next meeting of the Natural Resources Conservation Service State Technical Committee on June 30, 2015 from 9am–1pm Mountain Standard Time (10am Mountain Daylight Time).
The meeting will be held via video teleconference at seven NRCS locations:
- Flagstaff Area Office: 1611 S. Plaza Way, Flagstaff, AZ Tel: 928-214-0459 x100
- Tucson Area Office: 2000 E. Allen Rd, Building 320, Tucson, AZ Tel: 520-620-6602 x230
- Arizona State Office: 230 N 1st Ave, 3rd Flr, Phoenix, AZ Tel: 602-280-8808*
- Fredonia Field Office: 143 S. Main St, Fredonia, AZ Tel. 928-643-7062
- Holbrook Field Office: 51 W. Vista Dr, Ste 3, Holbrook, AZ Tel: 928-524-2652
- Shiprock Field Office: Highway 491, Old Post Office Bldg, Shiprock, NM Tel: 505-368-4260
- Yuma Field Office: 2197 4th Ave, Ste 104, Yuma, AZ Tel: 928-782-0860
*Non-Federal visitors to the Arizona State Office location can have their parking validated if they use the lot on the corner of 2nd Avenue and Van Buren. That is the only parking location for which we can provide parking validation.
These meetings are open to the public. The main audience consists of Federal, State, and Tribal agencies, along with other organizations, but all are invited. For more information, call 602-280-8808.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD). The USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
Report any problems on this page to Ana Troncoso