FY 2016 High Tunnel System
Ranking deadlines for FY 2016 are October 15, 2015 and January 21, 2016.
The High Tunnel System is a voluntary program that provides financial and technical assistance to agricultural producers. The goal of the initiative is to assist producers to extend the growing season for high value crops in an environmental safe manner. The Initiative may assist producers in addressing a resource concern by:
- improving plant quality
- improving soil quality
- reducing nutrient and pesticide transportation
- improving air quality through reduced transportation inputs
- reducing energy use by providing consumers with a local source of fresh produce
Eligible applicants include individuals, legal entities, Indian Tribes, or joint operations engaged in agricultural productions. Organic producers who grow agricultural commodities on eligible land and have natural resource concerns which may be addressed by a seasonal high tunnel may participate in the Season High Tunnel Initiative. Eligible producers interested in entering into a financial assistance agreement with NRCS for EQIP assistance may file an application at any time. Applicants must be:
- an agricultural producer and have control of eligible land for the term of the proposed contract period: eligible land includes cropland
- in compliance with the provisions for protecting the interests of tenants and sharecroppers, including the provision for sharing EQIP payments on a fair and equitable basis
- in compliance with the highly erodible land and wetland conservation compliance provisions of the 2008 Farm Bill
- within appropriate payment limitation requirements, as specified in the 2008 Farm Bill
- in compliance with adjusted gross income requirements of the 2008 Farm Bill
West Virginia NRCS will establish ranking periods to evaluate and rank all applications received until the end of a given ranking period. Applications will be funded as ranked as far down the list as the funding will allow. A cut off date will be established by the NRCS state office as to when funds must be obligated. If a Local Working Groups funds are not obligated by this date, funds may be reallocated to other areas.
Program Guidance (NHQ Forms, Letters and Policy)
These files are available in Adobe Acrobat format.
CCC-1200 Application (47 KB)
Spanish CCC-1200 Application (53 KB)
WV-300-2-Notice of Intent to Withdraw (75 KB)
WV-300-3-Program Referral (68 KB)
WV-LTP-16-Request for Waiver (72 KB) (Revised 12-12)
Contact your local NRCS office soon to meet with your conservation planning professional and determine which practices could enhance your farming operation.
|William P O'Donnell