Skip Navigation

Jobs & Internships

Opportunities with NRCS in Wisconsin & Nationwide

Thought about a career working to help farmers, land-users and land owners conserve natural resources in Wisconsin?  Learn about what we do and where our offices are located.  

Go to our Human Resources section to learn more about working for NRCS.

Current Job Opportunities

All USDA, NRCS, and federal job vacancies are posted to the USAJobs website.   The US Office of Personnel Management maintains comprehensive job listings available throughout the nation for NRCS, USDA, and other federal government agencies.  You can search by job type, area, or many other ways. NRCS career vacancy announcements are made through this site.  Contact Wisconsin NRCS Human Resources for more information.

Volunteer For The Earth Team!

You can make a difference. Join the 32,000 Earth Team members across the United States working to improve our environment.

As a member, you could gain professional experience, discover a lifetime career, receive training, earn academic credit, work on conservation activities in your community, and help conserve natural resources for future generations.

Find out more about how to join.

Job/Career Fairs

Current NRCS employees periodically attend job and career fairs throughout the state. Even though there may not be a position available at the time of the event, you can find out more about careers with NRCS and how to apply for vacancies.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination against its customers. If you believe you experienced discrimination when obtaining services from USDA, participating in a USDA program, or participating in a program that receives financial assistance from USDA, you may file a complaint with USDA. Information about how to file a discrimination complaint is available from the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights. USDA prohibits discrimination in all its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex (including gender identity and expression), marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, political beliefs, genetic information, reprisal, or because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.)

To file a complaint of discrimination, complete, sign, and mail a program discrimination complaint form, available at any USDA office location or online at, or write to:

USDA Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue, SW.
Washington, DC 20250-9410

Or call toll free at (866) 632-9992 (voice) to obtain additional information, the appropriate office or to request documents. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay service at
(800) 877-8339 or (800) 845-6136 (in Spanish).

USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication of program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact USDA's TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TDD).