Vermont CCPI Information
The Cooperative Conservation Partnership Initiative (CCPI) is a voluntary conservation initiative that enables the use of certain conservation programs with resources of eligible partners to provide financial and technical assistance to owners and operators of agricultural and nonindustrial forestlands. Eligible producers, who participate in a project area identified in an approved partner agreement, may apply for program assistance.
CCPI is being offered through the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) in Vermont.
Under CCPI, the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) enters into partnership agreements with eligible entities that want to enhance conservation outcomes on agricultural and nonindustrial private forestlands. The Secretary of Agriculture has delegated the authority for CCPI to the NRCS Chief. CCPI obtains its legal authority from Section 2707 of the Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 which establishes the Cooperative Conservation Partnership Initiative (CCPI) by amending Section 1243 of the Food Security Act of 1985 [16 U.S.C. 3843].
General Program Description
During a fiscal year, NRCS can make Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP), Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program (WHIP) and Conservation Stewardship Program (CSP) funds and benefits available to owners and operators of agricultural and nonindustrial private forestlands who participate in approved CCPI projects.
As authorized by Congress, this is not a grant program to eligible partners. This is a program whereby approved eligible partners enter into multi-year agreements with NRCS to help enhance conservation outcomes on agricultural lands and nonindustrial private forestlands. The intent of CCPI is for the Federal government to leverage investment in natural resources conservation along with services and resources of non-Federal partners.
Federally recognized Indian Tribes, State and local units of government, producer associations, farmer cooperatives, institutions of higher education, and nongovernmental organization with a history of working cooperatively with producers can be eligible. Individual producers are not eligible to submit a partner proposal.
Owners and operators of agricultural and nonindustrial private forestlands are eligible to apply for program benefits offered through CCPI. In order for a producer to be considered for financial assistance through a CCPI partner agreement, the land associated with a program application must be located within an approved CCPI project area. Only producers who are eligible for EQIP, WHIP or CSP may receive financial assistance through these programs. When announced and available refer to Fact Sheets and scroll down to see the approved agreements and information on how and when to apply to the EQIP, WHIP, and CSP programs. For more detail regarding eligibility and application requirements contact your NRCS field office.
For CCPI, the 2008 Farm Bill requires that 6 percent of the funds for EQIP and WHIP and 6 percent of the allowed acres for the CSP programs be reserved for support of producer approved under this authority. Of these funds reserved for CCPI. 90 percent are to be used for projects within States and territories of the U.S., as approved NRCS State Conservationists. The remaining 10 percent of these resources are to be awarded to "multi-State" project proposals based upon a competitive national process.
CCPI Fact Sheet
Electronic application filing is available through the Electronic Government website.
For additional local information or to apply, contact your Local NRCS Office.
VT NRCS Office Locations and Contact Information
CCPI Information from the National NRCS Website
Phone: 802-951-6796 x-223