Virginia NRCS Program Participant Eligibility
NRCS programs and associated program benefits are available to eligible producers who meet basic eligibility requirements. Refer to individual program descriptions for specific information for each program located on this Web site. Each program may have entity, person, land or activity related requirements which must be met in order to qualify for benefits. Most programs require submittal of applications, determination of eligibility and project evaluation be completed at the local NRCS field office level for Financial Assistance Programs.
For EQIP, ALE and CSP programs, eligible applicants must maintain or update the following information in their eligibility requirements including update of farm records administered by the Farm Services Agency (FSA). Producers are strongly encouraged to contact their local NRCS and FSA offices to make sure all records are current and correct before submitting a program application. Producers who submit incomplete applications or whose farm records and certifications are not up-to-date and eligibility is not verified may be deferred.
Specific records include, but are not limited to:
- Form NRCS-CPA-1200: Conservation Program Application – Signed and dated by all program participants or authorized persons. Depending upon the applicant and existing records, these additional forms and documentation may need to be completed.
- Proof of Identity: Authorized persons may be required to show a valid state driver’s license, passport or other personal identification as well as Social Security or EIN numbers, address and other information.
- Form AD-1026: Highly Erodible Land Conservation and Wetland Conservation Certification
- Form CCC-914 Average Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) Certification and Consent to Disclosure of Tax Information
- Form CCC-901, CCC-902I or CCC-902E: Entity Member Information, if applicable.
- Form SF-1199A: Direct Deposit Sign-up form.
- Signature Authority: Self-certification of signature authority as indicated on Form CCC-901, CCC-902I or CCC-902E or documents such as articles of incorporation, charter, bylaws, partnership agreements, trust agreements, wills and similar legal evidence.
- Land Ownership or control: The applicant may be required to provide evidence of control of land through ownership documents (deeds, etc.) or lease information (rental agreements, permits, lease, etc) for the length of the contract.
- Map depicting ownership boundaries for all land the applicant owns and operates.
- Form FSA-211: Power of Attorney, if applicable.
- DUNS and CCR requirements: All entities/ organizations are required to obtain a DUNS number when submitting a conservation program application, and to register (and maintain their annual registration) with the Central Contractor Registration (CCR). The CCR is administered via the System for Award Management (SAM).
- Employer ID Numbers (EINs): Applicant information, i.e., EIN, name, and address, provided to FSA and NRCS must exactly match the applicants information that is on file with the IRS. Visit the IRS' website for more information.
Note: Confidential and private information: Many of the program application forms or documentation require the applicant to provide sensitive, contact, financial or other confidential information. Disclosure of this data is voluntary, but failure to provide the required information in a timely manner may result in the deferral of an application or denial of a benefit payment. By law and policy, confidential, private and sensitive information is protected by USDA and employees and agency partners are subject to penalty and disciplinary action for inappropriate or mismanagement of private data.
For other program requirements, please refer to the individual program information pages or assigned program specialist for further assistance. The following links can be used to obtain program application forms and information regarding appeals and Freedom of Information requests.
Electronic versions of forms