Veterans Emphasis Program (VEP)
It is NRCS policy to conduct a positive and continuing VEP that provides equal employment opportunity for veterans in all personnel management policies and practices and in NRCS-sponsored programs and activities.
403.153 Program Objectives
The Veterans Emphasis Program is an integral part of the overall equal employment opportunity (EEO) program and is designed to-
- Ensure that veterans receive equal treatment in all aspects of employment.
- Increase the number of veterans employed in all professional, administrative, technical, clerical, and other categories, series, and grade levels.
- Provide opportunities to participate in training, career development, and leadership programs.
- Encourage the participation of veterans in all NRCS-sponsored programs and activities.
- Provide a network of professional support for veterans.
- Provide mentoring support to veterans in the workforce.
- Educate all NRCS employees by raising the level of awareness of veteran issues and concerns.
Part 403 - Subpart I - Veterans Emphasis Program
If you encounter any problems with the files provided on this page, please contact Webmaster at 254-742-9953 or 254-239-6035.
The documents on this page require Acrobat Reader.
The Veterans Emphasis Program (VEP) is designed to provide focus on issues such as employment, promotion, training, and career enhancement affecting veteran employees, particularly Vietnam Era and disabled veterans, in NRCS. The legal basis for the program include the Veterans Preference Act of 1944 (codified as 5 USC 2108); 5 USC 3114 (non- competitive appointing authority for 30 percent or more disabled veterans) and the Veterans Readjustment Appointment (EO I 1 521); Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974 (38 USC 2104).
VEP also provides a network of professional support for veterans in NRCS, provides information to all employees, keeps employees informed of issues affecting veterans, encourages the participation of veterans in all NRCS-sponsored programs and activities, and ensures that the Veteransï¿½ community receives equal treatment in all aspects of employment. Veteran employees who are interested in self-development can also find help through VEP.
VEP program manager advises DEOO of the concerns of Veteran employees, participates in recruitment efforts, contributes to the development of the overall Equal Opportunity Program, and attends, participates, and delivers quarterly reports to the Civil Rights Advisory Committee meetings.
Veterans Information Links
Forms for Applying to Federal Jobs:
Glenn Greanya, Veterans Emphasis Program Manager
Phone: 432.837.5864 ext 3