Skip Navigation

Wetlands Reserve Program - FY11 Land & Applicant Eligibility Checklist

Wetlands Reserve Program - Fiscal Year 2011
Land & Applicant Eligibility Checklist


WRP enrollment is limited to privately owned and Tribal working lands, including: cropland, rangeland, grassland, pasture land, and private, non-industrial forest land. The applicant must be the owner of the land, either an individual or an entity. Review the Eligibility Checklist below. If you can support a “yes” answer to each question, you might be eligible for WRP.

Eligibility Checklist Yes


Does the property meet the description of one of the following:
  • Farmed wetlands or wetlands converted to cropland prior to Dec. 28, 1985
  • Former or degraded wetlands (tiled cropland, etc.)
  • Wetlands restored under local, state or federal programs
Is the property privately owned or tribal land?    
Does the site have the potential for maximized wildlife benefits?    
Is there a high likelihood of successful restoration of wetland functions and values on the site?    
Is the site a cost-effective investment for WRP funding (easement acquisition, restoration, protection and maintenance)?    
Is the site sufficient in size and have properly configured boundaries to allow for efficient management?    
If applying for an easement, have the applicants owned the land for the past seven years and can they show evidence of ownership? (or one year if applying for a restoration agreement)    
Can the applicant convey clear title to the land and provide consent or subordination agreements from each holder of a security interest in the land?    
Will the applicant provide tax identification codes, social security numbers, and a listing of the percentage of interest for all individuals and entities listed on a jointly owned business?    
Does the applicant have an adjusted gross income (AGI) of $1-million or less per year, unless two-thirds of that money is derived from agriculture, ranching or forestry? AGI is assessed for a business and each individual and entity listed on it. If a person/entity listed on a business exceeds the AGI limitation, the business could still be eligible, but with a reduced payment.    
Is the applicant in compliance with highly erodible land and wetland conservation provisions of the Farm Bill? For assistance assessing your compliance status, contact your local USDA Farm Services Agency (FSA) office.