Current Issue Sample Test
Current Issue Online Study Guide
The questions below are taken from tests used in previous Envirothon competitions. They are provided to illustrate the format used for the Current Issues test.
1.) A Cultural Landscape Report (CLR) is the primary report that documents the history, significance and treatment of a cultural landscape. Name the four (4) procedures, steps, compiling a CLR.
1. __________________________ 2. ________________________
3. __________________________ 4. ________________________
2) True or False. Roads, waterways, and/or trails may contribute to the cultural landscape?
3) Match the cultural heritage site (letters) with its corresponding example (numbers).
A) Sacred Sites ___
1) Silk Route from China to Europe
B) Historic Landscape ___
2) 18th century cemetery
C) Archeological Site ___
3) Monmouth County battlefield
4) Fill in the blank.
Cultural heritage is legally protected in almost every _____________.
5) Define the term “restoration” as it applies to cultural heritage.
For more information contact your local Soil Conservation District Office or Richard Belcher, NJ Envirothon Coordinator Phone: (609) 292-5540, Fax: (609) 633-7229.