Skip Navigation

Partners Programs

Partner Programs for Conservation

NRCS has many programs for conservation activities here on the NH NRCS website. Here are some other programs for conservation in New Hampshire that our partners manage and often use in conjunction with NRCS programs to accomplish the conservation goals of the landowner.

Printable Page (34 KB, PDF)

Program Name Program Summary Agency/Organization Contact Link
Nonpoint Source Local Initiatives Grants (Section 319 Grants) For watershed management efforts. Grants given to associations, organizations, agencies. NH Department of Environmental Services Eric Williams
(603) 271-2358
DES Grants
Watershed Restoration Grants (Section 319 Restoration Grants) Grants can be given to farmers, watershed associations, conservation districts, non-profit organizations, regional planning agencies, and municipalities to implement practices that help restore impaired waters. NH Department of Environmental Services Eric Williams
(603) 271-2358
DES Grants
Local Water Protection Grants (Drinking Water Source Protection) To protect public drinking water sources. Water suppliers, municipalities, conservation districts, and non-profits can apply. NH Department of Environmental Services Johnna McKenna
WSP Grants
Conservation License Plate Grant Program To promote natural resource related programs throughout NH. Conservation Districts, Cooperative Extension, conservation commissions, schools, groups, and other non-profits can apply for funding. NH State Conservation Committee Dea Brickner-Wood
(603) 868-6112
Fisheries Habitat Conservation Program To conserve fisheries habitat through a watershed approach. Landowners wishing to protect/enhance fish-eries habitat can apply for funding. NH Fish and Game Department Scott Decker
(603) 271-2744
Land and Water Conservation Fund Program (LWCP) Provides grants to state and municipal agencies for outdoor recreation and conservation projects. NH Division of Resources and Economic Development Allison McLean
(603) 271-3556
Wildlife Habitat - Small Grants Program For restoring, sustaining, or enhancing wildlife habitat on privately owned land. Owners of private, municipal, corporate or other non-governmental lands can apply for funds to implement habitat-improving practices. NH Fish and Game Department
(603) 271-2461
Transportation Enhancement Program Provides funding for scenic highway projects and mitigation of water pollution due to highway runoff. NH Department of Transportation (603) 271-3734 NHDOT
Community Conservation Assistance Program Assistance for project guidance and training for community projects through municipalities and non-profit conservation groups. UNH Cooperative Extension Service Amanda Stone
(603) 364-5324
UNH Cooperative Extension Service
Program Name Program Summary Agency/Organization Contact Link
Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) For converting highly erodible land to vegetative cover. Annual rental or other incentive payments for certain activities are offered. Cropland owners and operators who have owned or leased the land for at least 1 year can apply for funds. USDA Farm Service Agency Your local USDA Service Center FSA
Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) Cost sharing and technical assistance for planning and installation of environmentally beneficial and cost-effective conservation practices that address locally identified natural resource concerns. Agricultural or forestry producers can apply. USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service Your local NRCS office EQIP
Wetlands Reserve Program (WRP) To protect/enhance wetlands through conservation easements or cost-share agreements. Technical assistance and cost-share funding (or a permanent easement) are available for landowners with eligible wetlands. USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service Your local NRCS office WRP
Partners for Fish and Wildlife To restore, improve, and protect fish and wildlife habitat on private lands, private landowners, private organizations, towns and municipalities can apply for cost-sharing funds. US Fish and Wildlife Service (603) 223-2541 US Fish and Wildlife Service 
Wildlife Habitat Incentives Program (WHIP) A voluntary cost-sharing program to improve wildlife habitat on non-federal land. NRCS will help landowners or land managers develop a wildlife habitat plan based on their management objectives. USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service Your local NRCS office WHIP
Coastal America Corporate Wetlands Restoration Partnership Voluntary public-private partnership in which corporations join forces with federal and state agencies to restore wetlands and other aquatic habitats. Coastal America (978) 318-8238 Coastal America WRP
Program Name Program Summary Agency/Organization Contact Link
Land and Community and Heritage Investment Program (LCHIP) A grant program for conserving and preserving NH�s most valuable natural, cultural, and historical resources. Grant applications for the purchase of land/buildings or restoration of structures are accepted from tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organizations, municipalities, or other political subdivisions of the State. LCHIP Dijit Taylor
Executive Director
(603) 224-4113
Community Foundation Grant Program Provides funding to non-profit and public agencies in the fields of environment, arts and humanities, education, and health and social and community services. The Greater Piscataqua Community Foundation (603) 430-9182
Farm and Ranch Lands Protection Program (FRPP) Provides matching funds to help slow the conversion of farmland to non-agricultural uses. An entity holds the conservation easement deed, and land must contain important farmland soils, and an NRCS conservation plan. The easements are for 30 years, but priority is given to perpetual easements. USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service Susan Knight
(603) 868-7581
Forest Legacy Program Provides up to 75% of the purchase price for development rights to forestlands from willing sellers. Streamside land is among program priorities. Rights are held by the state in perpetuity, while the landowner retains all other rights, including the right to harvest timber. NH Department of Resources and Economic Development (603) 271-2411 NH DRED
Great Bay Resource Protection Partnership GBRPP is a group of organizations working to protect important habitats in the Great Bay Region. The Partnership works with private landowners, agencies, non-profit organizations, and municipal governments to protect land through conservation easements.   Dea Brickner-Wood
(603) 868-6112 or (603) 224-5853


Version 1 � March 2001, as developed for the Riparian Conservation Conference. There are many other sources of program assistance for riparian conservation such as private organizations and foundations, land trusts, businesses, and other local entities. Please contact Jewel McKenzie, 603-868-7581, to add or update your program.

<Back to Partnership