• Request the use of a TSP to have
program contract modified by NRCS to include the costs and
services to be completed by TSP.
• Select, hire and pay the TSP.
Develop a contract or agreement
with TSP to establish services to
be provided, costs, payment
• You are responsible for meeting
compliance and regulatory
necessary records, and ensuring
payment provisions are included
in the conservation program
contract or agreement.
• Complete the
Assignment of Payment and return to the NRCS
Office if you want the TSP
payment to go directly to the TSP.
• Must be certified.
• Must develop and furnish the
participant with technical documentation for the technical
• Complete invoice for technical
services provided to the
• Submit a Performance
Reporting System data entry
worksheet to the local District
• Participant must receive necessary technical assistance from NRCS
through assistance from a TSP.
• NRCS reimburses participants or makes direct payments to TSPs upon
receipt of an Assignment of Payment (CCC-36) from participant in
accordance with policy specific to the conservation program.
• NRCS provides cultural resources reviews.
• NRCS makes technology and tools available for use by TSPs.
• NRCS appeals and mediation policy is used to resolve disputes
technical services acquired from TSPs.
• NRCS reporting mechanisms and NRCS policy and procedures are used
regarding technical assistance waste, fraud, and abuse.
Step-by-Step Process for Participants
Participant requests TSP assistance. NRCS modifies contract to
include TSP services and Not-To-Exceed payment rates. Participant signs
contract modification for TSP services.
Participants selects a
certified/approved TSP from
the TechReg website at
the TSP, and develops a
contract or agreement with
the TSP on services to be
provided, payments and
schedule of completion.
OPTIONAL: The participant
authorization form to release case file
information to the selected TSP.
Participant works with TSP to
TSP provides the participant
and NRCS with all the required
documentation for services
provided as listed in the
Statements of Work (available on the
an invoice, and the form for Warranty of Technical Services Provided. TSP certifies
completion of work on form
Participant submits required
documentation, the signed
CCC-1245 and the invoice to NRCS for payment. OPTIONAL: Participant can
Assignment of Payment to have the TSP
payment go directly to the TSP.
NRCS reviews the
documentation and, if
complete, processes and