||1. Is soil made through magic?
2. Does soil have parents?
3. What does the weather do to soil?
4. What's on, and in, the horizon?
5. How does soil help me keep my cool?
6. Do soils come in different colors?
7. How does water stay in the soil?
8. How does air get into the soil?
9. Why do plants like soil?
10. Do roots just help plants?
11. Does soil care about time?
12. Can we keep the soil from washing and blowing away?
13. What is soil conservation?
Soil conservation is the best way to make sure that we have the land we need to live on or, in my case, live in. If you see your soil eroding, protect it with grass or plants. If you see something that's making the soil sick, do everything you can to make the soil healthy again. If you live on a farm, make sure that the soil on your fields and pastures stays right where it is right now! Call my pals at the Natural Resources Conservation Service. They'll tell you all you need to know to get things going and growing!
Congratulations! You now have a worm's-eye view of that wonderful stuff we call soil. You are now such an amazing soil expert that you definitely deserve something special...