1. Is soil made through magic?
2. Does soil have parents?
3. What does the weather do to soil?
4. What's on, and in, the horizon?
5. How does soil help me keep my cool?
6. Do soils come in different colors?
7. How does water stay in the soil?
8. How does air get into the soil?
9. Why do plants like soil?
10. Do roots just help plants?
11. Does soil care about time?
12. Can we keep the soil from washing and blowing away?
13. What is soil conservation?
Yep is right.
And there's soil saving going on right now. People are using plants and grass to hold the soil down. Farmers have ways underway to keep their soil on the land so they can keep on growing food for us. One way is with windbreaks, rows of trees that are planted beside fields to keep the soil from blowing away. The next time you're out in the country, take a look at the farmland and see all of the ways farmers keep their soil at home.