1. Is soil made through magic?
2. Does soil have parents?
3. What does the weather do to soil?
4. What's on, and in, the horizon?
5. How does soil help me keep my cool?
6. Do soils come in different colors?
7. How does water stay in the soil?
8. How does air get into the soil?
9. Why do plants like soil?
10. Do roots just help plants?
11. Does soil care about time?
12. Can we keep the soil from washing and blowing away?
13. What is soil conservation?
Roots love helping others. They drain water from the soil. That keeps the soil from staying too wet. And when the soil gets too dry, roots draw up water. This water has all kinds of good stuff in it that living things need to stay healthy. Roots help make soil, too. They split rocks into pieces that later become soil.