1. Is soil made through magic?
2. Does soil have parents?
3. What does the weather do to soil?
4. What's on, and in, the horizon?
5. How does soil help me keep my cool?
6. Do soils come in different colors?
7. How does water stay in the soil?
8. How does air get into the soil?
9. Why do plants like soil?
10. Do roots just help plants?
11. Does soil care about time?
12. Can we keep the soil from washing and blowing away?
13. What is soil conservation?
The pores strike again!
Air gets down into the soil through the same pores that let in and hold water. The burrows that I and my pals dig let in air, too. That's good news for undergrounders who need air. By the way, I don't have lungs for breathing. I breathe through my skin. Please, don't try this at home.