You are Here:
/ How does water stay in the soil? | NRCS
How does water stay in the soil?
2. Does soil have parents?
3. What does the weather do to soil?
4. What's on, and in, the horizon?
5. How does soil help me keep my cool?
6. Do soils come in different colors?
7. How does water stay in the soil?
8. How does air get into the soil?
9. Why do plants like soil?
10. Do roots just help plants?
11. Does soil care about time?
12. Can we keep the soil from washing and blowing away?
13. What is soil conservation?
it pours into pores. Pores are spaces in the soil that come in different sizes. The bigger the pore, the more water it holds.
NRCS Home | USDA.gov | Site Map | Civil Rights | FOIA | Accessibility Statement