1. Is soil made through magic?
2. Does soil have parents?
3. What does the weather do to soil?
4. What's on, and in, the horizon?
5. How does soil help me keep my cool?
6. Do soils come in different colors?
7. How does water stay in the soil?
8. How does air get into the soil?
9. Why do plants like soil?
10. Do roots just help plants?
11. Does soil care about time?
12. Can we keep the soil from washing and blowing away?
13. What is soil conservation?
When the soil is cool,
I'm cool. If the temperature gets too cool, I can dig deeper to find a warm place to slither and snooze. But when the temperature is too hot, I don't feel so hot. In fact, if I get too hot, I'll dry up like a piece of old beef jerky. So, on really hot days, I look for a cool spot in the soil and coil myself up to keep cool and stay moist.