1. Is soil made through magic?
2. Does soil have parents?
3. What does the weather do to soil?
4. What's on, and in, the horizon?
5. How does soil help me keep my cool?
6. Do soils come in different colors?
7. How does water stay in the soil?
8. How does air get into the soil?
9. Why do plants like soil?
10. Do roots just help plants?
11. Does soil care about time?
12. Can we keep the soil from washing and blowing away?
13. What is soil conservation?
Whether you believe it or not, weather helps make soil. When the weather gets hot, rocks can get bigger. When the weather turns cold, rocks can get smaller. If this happens often enough, the rock will crack and break up into small pieces that break into even smaller pieces. When they get really small they turn into soil. Rain and ice can also get into rocks and break them apart. So, believe me, the weather does help make soil. And that's no snow job.