Roller Compacted Concrete (NRCS-NEDC-000146)
This course instructs participants in the selection of suitable materials for making roller compacted concrete, design of mixes, batching and mixing of ingredients, quality control and quality assurance testing, conveying/transporting, placing, spreading, compacting, and curing of roller compacted concrete. It reviews the history of roller compacted concrete, and current technology trends. The course assesses inspection of roller compacted concrete construction to assure compliance with NRCS specifications.
The goal of this course is to equip participants with the knowledge they need to provide oversight and inspection during the construction of roller compacted concrete structures.
Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
- NRCS Construction Specification 36 and Materials Specification 5242;
- The fundamentals and principles of quality RCC;
- Joint treatment for various joint conditions;
- Quality control features and quality assurance inspection of the sampling and testing RCC;
- Key aspects of conveying, hauling, placing, spreading, compacting and curing RCC;
- Procedures for coring and testing hardened RCC; and
- Procedures for evaluating RCC deficiencies and selecting appropriate repair methods.
None required; However, it is suggested that attendees complete the NEDC Concrete Fundamentals course prior to attending the RCC.
Engineers, construction inspectors, and field technicians and others who are or will be assigned responsibilities relating to the planning, design, or construction of roller compacted concrete structures.
Go to AgLearn to request enrollment in Roller Compacted Concrete (NRCS-NEDC-000146).