TSP Orientation and Conservation Planning (NRCS-NEDC-000191)
Welcome to the Technical Service Provider (TSP) Orientation Course. This course consists of four parts.
- Part 1 is an orientation designed to answer your questions regarding the TSP Program, certification process, and basic NRCS business procedures.
- Part 2 covers fundamental NRCS policies that impact TSPs who are awarded contracts with the agency.
- Part 3 reviews the references, tools and training that TSPs will use to accomplish their work.
- Part 4 is designed to provide the TSP with an overview of the NRCS conservation planning process.
Completing the course will familiarize you with providing technical services to producers on behalf of the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS). More importantly, it will point to critical information sources that, along with your skills and experience in practicing resource conservation, will help you succeed.
The purpose of this training is to provide prospective Technical Service Providers (TSP) with the knowledge of the TSP process to be successful in:
- Becoming certified;
- Knowing how to obtain work;
- Delivering a quality product; and
- Knowing how payments are made.
This program will also serve as a resource for locating individuals and resources when assistance is needed.
In addition to this training, specific certification areas or individual state law will dictate the need for additional training, which may include classroom and/or field training courses.
This course is for those seeking TSP certification or recertification.